Sunday, April 8, 2012

Obedience Trial the first - the results

I'm beginning the entire point of competition is to take amusing photos of your dog afterwards. 
So judging by my last entry, it's been almost a month since I last updated this blog. Whoops! The house has been sold, and I've been moving into the new apartment. Time flies. 

Since then, Cohen and I had our first obedience competition - last weekend, on April 1st. I had convinced myself that we weren't going to qualify. But, whelp, I was wrong. 

We qualified twice. We also came first in our class, twice. We scored 192.5/200, twice. I guess we're consistent. 

I was most worried about Cohen breaking her long sit/down stays, but, well, she did pretty well with those. The glaring issue was the enthusiasm while heeling. We're going to have to work to get her heeling tidier if/when we go on to the next level of competition. But, regardless, it was good enough for a qualification, which was what I was most concerned about last weekend. 

So that's 2 out of 3 legs complete - I hope to finish up the last leg at the beginning of May. And next weekend there's a Rally competition I've signed up for. And the week after that, Agility. 

My weekends are going to be awfully dog-centric over the next month or two. 

I'm not sure why Cohen is laying/standing like this - it was her idea. 


1 comment: